Tumor Registry Analyst
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Under the supervision of the Tumor Registry Manager, analyzes, abstracts, and codes selected cases using ICD-O, FORDS, SEER. Collaborative Stating, Multiple Primaries, and the Mass Cancer Registry manual.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39065BR
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Tumor Registry Manager, analyzes, abstracts, and codes selected cases using ICD-O, FORDS, SEER. Collaborative Stating, Multiple Primaries, and the Mass Cancer Registry manual.
- Case Finding – Identifies cases to be registered, including malignancies on the reportable list and cases selected by the medical staff.
- Accession Register – Analyzes, abstracts and codes selected cases using several manuals: ICD-O, FORDS, SEER, Collaborative Staging, AJCC
- Staging, Multiple Primaries, and the Mass Cancer Registry. The analyst is responsible for completing the AJCC staging forms if not completed by attending physician.
- Performs data entry of abstracts into the IMPAC Cancer Registry Database.
- Assists with TNM forms / creating and mailing and assists with the follow-up and treatment letters.
Attends meetings and educational conferences assuming personal responsibility for professional development and on-going education to maintain proficiency.
Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Certificate 1 preferred: Certified Tumor Registrar
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- In depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology, histology, cytology and lab interpretation
- Knowledge of coding using ICD 0-9 , FORDS Manual, Seer, CS manual, State man.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
ability to interpret radiology reports, operative reports, pathology reports and physicians notes
High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online at: https://jobs.bidmc.org/job/boston/tumor-registry-analyst/169/7225014512