Baystate Health is seeking a full time Tumor Registrar for the Division of Surgical Oncology. You will conduct tumor registry tasks, which are moderately complex, in accordance with established protocols, guidelines and SOP of the Regional Cancer Program.
- Perform duties, which involve abstracting, analyzing and following breast (benign and Malignant) and cutaneous malignancies for the Division of Surgical Oncology.
- The tumor registry Data Coordinator is responsible for preparing data for abstracting, with accuracy and completeness, correcting and revising data as appropriate, and completing follow-up data as assigned.
- Gather survival information on all breast and cutaneous malignancy patients diagnosed and treated within Baystate Health.
- Complies with all updates, standards and regulations for the registry in accordance with Massachusetts state law and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Maintain data abstracting within acceptable standards. Maintain reporting to the Massachusetts State Cancer Registry according to SOP. Maintain appropriate procedures to be in compliance with American College of Surgeons standards.
- Maintain procedures for retrieving, abstracting and disseminating data utilized in the preparation of audits for studies and statistical reports.
- Maintain procedure manuals in accordance with state regulations and American College of Surgeons standards.
- Arrange for Breastt Program Leadership Committee meetings in association with the Medical Director and Manager.
- Perform audits and special studies for the Surgical Oncology and Breast Specialists.
- Prepare and submit information for Cancer Program Annual Report as requested by the Senior Tumor Registrar. under the guidance of the Medical Director.
- Communicate with physicians and clinical staff at other sites for data collection by telephone or visits to facility.
- Supports the Baystate Regional Cancer Center Registry as needed.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field required.
- Three to five years related experience required.
- National certification as a Cancer Data Registrar required
Instructions for Resume Submission: Please apply to: https://www.baystatehealthjobs.com/job/springfield/tumor-registrar/156/11616138