We are Baystate Health- one of the largest health care systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals and over 60 medical practices! Baystate Health is a not-for-profit, integrated health care system serving over 800,000 people throughout western New England. With roots dating to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing skilled and compassionate health care in the Pioneer Valley for more than 140 years.
Baystate Health is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. Baystate Health has been named a Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Network for ten consecutive years by Verispan, a national research company. For the second time, Baystate Medical Center has been named a Magnet™ hospital for excellence in nursing services and has been recognized as a Top 15 Health System in the US by Truven® Healthcare Analytics.
As a comprehensive health care system, we have been nationally recognized for our quality care and a great place to work. Baystate Medical Center has been designated as a Magnet Hospital for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and was named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. We are growing, offering room for a progressive career.
Conducts tumor registry tasks, which are moderately to highly complex, in accordance with established protocols, guidelines and SOP of the Regional Cancer Program. Performs duties, which involve tumor registry business in conducting cancer registry functions. The tumor registrar is responsible for preparing data for abstracting, with accuracy and completeness, correcting and revising data as appropriate as assigned. Abstracts and submits assigned tumor registry data for those that have been treated with cancer at Baystate Medical Center/Baystate Mary Lane Hospital/Baystate Franklin Medical Center /Baystate Noble Hospital and updates the cancer registry in accordance with Massachusetts state law. This position requires reviewing, analyzing and maintaining the medical records in accordance with SOP. Demonstrates good working relationships with other staff and physicians and exhibits a team spirit approach to problem-solving and is able to be highly productive working independently.
- Performs data abstracting within acceptable Massachusetts State Registry Requirements. Maintains reporting to the Massachusetts State Cancer
- Registry according to SOP. Follows Baystate Health/Baystate Regional Cancer Program policies and procedures for reporting, retrieving and abstracting.
- Identifies, registers patients diagnosed with malignant disease, abstracts data into electronic tumor registry and follows up appropriately. Works closely with Manager & Senior Tumor Registrar for assignment, direction, auditing and performance improvement.
- Will complete specific reports upon request as directed by the Medical Director and/or Manager of the Baystate Regional Oncology Program.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Senior Tumor Registrar, BRCP team and Manager regarding protocol/tumor registry procedures and modifications when appropriate.
- Identifies, registers patients diagnosed with malignant disease, abstracts data into MRS and follows up appropriately.
- Communicates with physicians and clinical staff at assigned sites for data collection as needed.
- Case load expectations: 850-1200 analytical cases completed annually.
- Attends all State of Massachusetts webinars/updates as scheduled or assigned.
- Associates Degree in related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
3 years working as a Oncology Tumor Registrar, 5 years preferred
- Must be eligible for TR Certification within 1 year of hire
- TR Certification required within 16 months of hire
- Must Sustain Tumor Registry Certification once received
- Good communicatgion and organizational skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology through minimal of 3 years oncology experience or education
- Moderate to high computer literacy skills required to navigate electronic medical record, electronic tumor registry software as well as fluency of Microsoft Office.
- Moderate knowledge of English and grammar
- Requires self monitoring and motivation as this position works much of the the time independently
- Requires excellent communiction and interpersonal skills
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply using link: https://www.baystatehealthjobs.com/job/greenfield/tumor-registrar/156/5549622