We will continue on with the yearly tradition of holding a food drive at the annual CRANE meeting to benefit a local food pantry. This year we are working with Westbay CAP Marketplace food pantry in Warwick RI. Below is a listing of the items this organization has on their “Wish List”. This has been such a success over the past couple of years, and we hope to continue doing well for this good cause.
Last year we had some requests to offer something for cancer patients as well, that being a Sock Drive. Those interested in this as well are welcome to bring in socks such as the nonslip soft and cuddly kind that can be given to patients while in the hospital for their treatments. We are looking into offering these socks to one of the Cancer Centers at one of the RI hospitals. Details on that are forthcoming.
Either option would be an excellent cause to contribute to and of course both, even better! The choice is yours and we hope that you consider at least one of these important causes.
Wish List for the food pantry (or something of your own choice of course):
- Beef Stew
- Corned Beef Hash
- Chili Beans
- Tuna Fish
- Box Cereal
- Chicken/Chicken Noodle Soups (14 oz)
- Peanut Butter
- Hardy Soups (14 oz-20 oz jars)
- Canned Fruit (any kind – 14 oz)
- Grape or Strawberry Jelly (14 oz)
- Gluten free foods – items marked “gluten free” such as soups, peanut butter, macaroni (corn, etc.) quinoa, canned green vegetables, other items
- Diabetic friendly foods such as whole wheat flour, wheat germ, cornmeal, beans or canned vegetables and other items that do not contain corn syrup or have high fructose sugar content.
Thank you to all who consider one or both of these great causes!