Certified Tumor Registrar
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth is the region’s leading provider of high-quality healthcare. BID-Plymouth is a 170 bed acute care hospital serving the residents in Plymouth and Barnstable counties. BID-Plymouth is part of the Beth Israel Lahey Health system that is comprised of 13 hospitals in Eastern Massachusetts.
- Manages all case findings, abstracting and recording of cancer data.
- Responsible for ensuring the collection and reporting of all cancer data to State of Massachusetts
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data, at all times.
- Assists with data requests, quality assurance and patient care evaluations.
- Abstracts diagnostic procedural and adjuvant treatment information from medical records, infusion and radiation therapy charts.
- Ensures quality and integrity of the database and departmental compliance with external regulations.
- Assigns diagnostic, histology, morphologic, SEER, AJCC and extent of Disease staging schemes.
- Maintains NCRA required educational credits for every 3-year cycle.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Certification by National Tumor Registrar’s Association
- Three to five years tumor registry experience
- Minimum one year application of automated registry systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACOS Commission on Cancer requirements
- Ability to read, write and comprehend at 12th grade level
- Associates degree or higher
- Registration/Certification: Certified Tumor Registrar
Instructions for Resume Submission: