South Shore Health
At South Shore Health, we come together to improve the health of our families, friends and neighbors by bringing people, caregivers and excellence in medicine together As One. As Certified Tumor Registrar, you will work at our Cancer Center to code and abstract cancer data, follow up with cancer patients and perform long- and short-term audits. Affiliated with The Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center, we offer many advanced cancer treatments including groundbreaking clinical trials.
We will rely on you to:
• Identify, abstract and provide follow up for patients with cancer
• Review and analyze hospital records and other medical reports for cancer data
• Collect and record data on demographics, primary site, histology, stage and treatment on all cancer primaries
• Code and record according to the Commission on Cancer Standards for Oncology Registry Entry and the Massachusetts State Cancer Registry, as well as ICD-O, AJCC, SEER and Solid Tumor Manual
• Certified Tumor Registrar Certification (CTR) or ability to pass the CTR examination within one year of date of hire
• Ability to work independently, abstract all cancer sites and complete follow-up, including recurrences and subsequent treatment and case finding
• Ability to assist with Cancer Committee and Tumor Boards as necessary
• Knowledge of METRIQ software preferred
• Schedule is Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm; we are open to four 10’s and flexible start times
An Ideal Practice Setting
As the largest health care employer on the South Shore, we offer advanced medicine with the close-knit, supportive feel of a community hospital. As Southeastern Massachusetts’ most comprehensive health care system, we provide a rewarding and supportive environment for our highly respected colleagues. Discover the true spirit of collaboration.
Instructions for Resume Submission: