Wentworth-Douglass Hospital (WDH), a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is seeking a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Lead to join our very active, well-established cancer registry currently employing four (4) registry staff. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital’s Seacoast Cancer Center is a CoC accredited comprehensive community cancer center with a highly regarded regional reputation. The selected candidate would lead cancer registry quality initiatives and provide educational opportunities to new and experienced registry staff. WDH is located in Dover, NH.
- Support registry manager and team to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Evaluate and monitor registry quality metrics
- Monitor and report Commission on Cancer quality metrics
- Develop educational program based on identified needs
- Data abstraction and reporting
- Contribute to the continued success of ACOS, Commission on Cancer accreditation
- Assist with coordination of cancer conference meetings
- Is an active member of the cancer committee
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
- 3 years’ experience in a cancer registry
- Experience in all aspects of registry functions with a focus on case abstracting
- Subject expert in abstracting methodologies
- Skilled educator
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills
Personal Qualities and Characteristics:
- Highly motivated
- Dedicated to excellence in data collection and reporting
- Committed to continued learning, research and personal / professional growth
- Team oriented
Associates Degree in Medical Information or related to Health Care to include medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, computer skills, healthcare quality/performance improvement or equivalent experience.
Associates Degree in Medical Information with advanced training in Cancer Registry Management or healthcare quality/performance improvement
Bachelor’s Degree in health care related field or with emphasis on health care.
This position is full time offering a full benefits package including medical, dental and earned time (PTO). Salary commensurate with experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit your resume at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital Careers website at: