Medical Record Assoc. (MRA)
Medical Record Associates, LLC is currently seeking a qualified Certified Tumor Registrars II (CTR II) to join our cancer registry team. Our Cancer Registry team carries extensive experience and strong expertise in all aspects of cancer reporting. The team provides varied registry activities for our clients including case finding, abstracting and coding of current and backlog cases, follow up services, preparation for ACoS survey, cancer program operations reviews, special studies and research projects, training and education, and assisting clients with staffing needs and requirements.
This position is 32 hours onsite/remote. This job will be 16 hours on site at a North of Boston hospital and 16 hours work from home. Applicants must be able to work 16 hours or more per week at this hospital.
Casefinder: Candidate identifies all cases with newly diagnosed cancer in accordance with reporting eligibility criteria established by the State registry, facility policies and procedures, and the American College of Surgeons on Cancer (CoC) program standards. Case finding activities include regular review of pathology reports, dictated reports, diagnostic and treatment logs, and disease index.
Abstractor: Candidate analyzes, abstracts, and codes patient demographics and cancer related information, staging, and treatment information from the medical records on all cancer cases seen and/or diagnosed at a reporting facility for complete and accurate cancer data as needed.
Follow-up: Candidate performs lifetime follow-up to provide cancer incidence and end results information on the quality and length of survival, treatment and outcome information to appropriate data bases, administrative planning and marketing, and support programs.
Quality Review: Candidate assists with quality control activities, information requests and quality improvement studies as required
- CTR Certified – active and have been certified for a minimum of three years
- A minimum of five years registry experience in case finding, abstracting and coding, follow-up, QA and NCDB data edit corrections and submission.
- Knowledge of established coding conventions and abstracting guidelines. Correctly interprets and codes cancer diagnosis, stage, treatment, and outcomes information for each case abstracted maintaining quality and accuracy of cancer registry data.
- Competency and proficiency in the use of multiple electronic medical records and cancer registry software applications, a plus.
- Must have basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical and surgical terminology.
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
Associates degree preferred
Instructions for Resume Submission: www.mrahis.com/careers