Lowell General Hospital
The Cancer Registrar under the supervision of the Program Manager for Cancer Services and Director of Patient Care, Cancer Services, performs services in the Cancer Center according to the policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives of the department and hospital. This position works cooperatively within the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
Schedule: Full-Time, 40 hours per week, day shift.
Must have CTR Certification or be CTR eligible.
- Responsible for abstracting, reporting, case identification, coding and recording of Cancer data entry
- Monitor and evaluate registry quality metrics
- Report on Commission on Cancer quality initiatives / metrics
- Coordination of Cancer Conference meetings
- Ensures integrity and quality of departmental compliance and database with external state regulations
- Responsible for collection and reporting all Cancer data to State
- Contributes to the continued success of ACOS, CoC accreditation
- Follow-up compliance per Standards
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR required)
1-3 years tumor registry experience
Preferred: knowledge of ACOS Commission on Cancer requirements
HS Diploma or GED
Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
Read/Comprehend written instructions
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free on-campus parking
About Lowell General Hospital:
Lowell General Hospital is an independent, not-for-profit community hospital serving the Greater Lowell area and surrounding communities. With two primary campuses located in Lowell, Massachusetts, we are the second largest community hospital in Massachusetts. We have the latest state-of-the-art technology and a full range of medical and surgical services for patients, from newborns to seniors.
We are also a proud member of Circle Health and in collaboration with the medical community it is our promise to provide our patients with Complete connected care SM
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please submit an application on our career site: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/wel#/job/9410